Thursday, October 7, 2010

Victoria's Secret does Halloween; I bite my tongue

The closest I've come to celebrating Halloween was to pay some child to remove himself from my front garden; he was happy with the 'treat' and I was happy to go about my night in relative peace. This should tell you two things: one, I've never lived in a country that does Halloween 'well' and, two, that I've never lived in a country where Candice Swanepoel was relegated with trick or treating duties. Thus I cannot say with any certainty if people really do dress as 80s inspired cat-women or mile-high air hostesses, or it's simply a fantasy enacted time and time again in such quality productions as American Pie.
What I can with certainty, however, is that if this wasn't a year when the cash registers had been so silent I would be passing far more judgement on  for releasing a Halloween collection far more worthy of an adult store on eBay than a brand that has successfully positioned itself as affordable luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment